Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Birthday Do-do!

Today was my 24th birthday. I wonder how most 24 year olds celebrate? I had a super day nursing a fussy 2 week old baby (that has been so pleasant before today) and watching my 21 month old get three shots and three stitches in her right pointer finger. I have never been so proud of my girl. Caroline was so still and sweet when Dr. Schuh initially examined her gash that he decided he would attempt her stitches instead of automatically sending us over to the ER. (I think I would have had a mental breakdown if I had to spend my birthday in the ER...) I was so thankful that a pediatrician would humble himself, stay late and give my girl her stitches. She could not have behaved any better and she watched the entire process. Caroline even sang me "Happy Birthday Do-Do" today, which made the whole day worth waking up for.

3 comments:

AtlantaMama said...

I'm glad you had a happy birthday do do even with the cut finger and the fussy newborn. You are a great Mama!! Glad miss Caroline did so well!

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

Happy late birthday Sweetie! The baby is beautiful and Caroline just continues to look like you at that age. Can you believe that I have known you for that long? It is like you are one of mine. I'm so proud of what a great little Mama you are. Remember you are out numbered now and stay strong or they will completely take over! Its you and Bo against the two of them now!! You can do it girl!! I love you - Debbie

jessica said...

please post more stories and photos. i'm so busy, that i need to keep up with you somehow...also, i sort of have a blog. yay.