Monday, December 22, 2008







So, it's been awhile. I have been keeping a list of "stories" I need to blog about. I am looking over my list and I can't even remember some well enough to tell 'em. Here is what I can recall...


1. Caroline is a complete Tomboy. All she wanted for Christmas was a baseball hat and a skateboard, oh AND a bicycle. She did NOT get the skateboard.


2. This is probably the best right here...Caroline turned 2 in January. I love Mexican food and I use any excuse I can to get it... SO we had a Mexican fiesta and I of course needed a pinata! So I looked on ebay because I thought I might could get a better deal than at Party City. As I was scrolling through the listing of ebay pinatas a certain pink one caught my eye and so I quickly clicked on it. To my horror it was not for a little girls birthday party. It was for a bachelorette party. A kinky person's bachelorette party. Do you catch my drift here?? Yeah it was a phallic pinata people!! In case you are interested...there is an African American version coming soon. AND you can specify whether or not you would like "it" to have a face. The worst part of the whole ordeal was that the next time I got on ebay the homepage "suggested some items I may like" complete with pictures. You can only imagine...


3. Caroline has an interesting imagination. She pretends to watch tv in bed. She sits in her crib, looks at the wall and tells me she is watching tv. She also plays pretend with her baby dolls. The other day she was talking with her doll, she said: "Do you want your mommy?", Then Caroline turned to Bo and said "take my shirt off daddy" She nursed her baby a minute and then announced..."other side". I DO NOT narrate John Robert's meals...


4. I walked in on Caroline the other morning and she had gotten into my ink pens, which is a "no-no". She was startled and figured she'd be in trouble so she looked up at me with a ridiculous smile and said "mornin' , I writin' a email". Thank goodness she was not on my computer!


5. I have been buying organic milk for Caroline. The milk is like $6 or $7 a gallon! I get furious when it gets wasted and so I now recycle milk. If I have it in my cereal, I pour any remainders into her bottle. Isn't that nasty? She still drinks it...


6. John Robert LOVES me. I mean he smiles huge every time he sees me. He is such a little man. He likes to be naked. He likes to nurse. He "puts his hand in his pants to "scratch"... so to speak whenever he has the chance (which is rare, because we all know what little boys can do when that thing is not in a diaper). He has man gas...loud...often...smelly. He goes crazy when he smells food. He's manly. He is sweet as can be too.



7. I had the word "magnets" on the 'things to blog' list and I was like "what in the world???". Ha! Now I remember. Writing must be good for my poor mama brain. This is hilarious.... Ok: Caroline went over to her "Nona's" house (my mom) the other day. Afterward I packed her in the car and headed home. When we got in the driveway 30 minutes later, I heard her say (somewhat under her breath) "I got somethin' for you daddy!" and she had this super excited look on her face. I was thinking "what is she talking about?"I honked and Bo ran out to help me get the kids out of the car. As he approached the car she was SO excited to see him she was kicking her legs, shaking all over and making this little snort kinda noise. Next thing I know she is reaching into her pockets pulling out some magnets (that she had STOLEN) from my mom's house to give to Bo. She was like "Here Daddy these are for you!". Needless to say the excitement was over when she had to return the stolen goods and apologize to my mama. (I had to call mom beforehand and let her know that she had to be serious about the matter.)



8. I drove ALL the way to IHOP the other day without my keys in the ignition. SERIOUSLY. After I realized I did NOT have my keys I drove straight back to Acworth, and retrieved them from the driveway. My van is super cool. You can take the keys out of the ignition while it is running. So I did...then I dropped them in the middle of the driveway.


John Robert just took a 2 hour nap and Caroline has been asleep for 2 hours and 28 minutes. Amen.


2 comments:

AtlantaMama said...

so I read all of these! great update. = )

Glad to hear that they BOTH took a nap and you got to enjoy a good blog time!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! And your daughter cracks me up, too! Hope to see more soon now that you're back to blogging! I can't believe what Caroline did to her hair!!!! I'm sure you were in complete shock. Give her lots of vitamins and it will hopefully grow back really soon!