Tuesday, February 26, 2008

10

Got tagged...here are 10 things no one needed to know about me...

1. I had my belly button pierced for several years in high school. Bo thought it was repulsive. He removed it.

2. I think cuss words are funny. Not the big "bombs", just the misdemeanors.

3. I like food. I can't get enough hot sauce. I even put it on pizza sometimes. I could eat Mexican food every day at every meal. I hate most healthy vegetables and I don't like to hear people eating. ("Mouth noises" as Bo calls them.) Gag me.

4. I'm a grandma-ish (scardy-cat) driver.

5. In 8th grade I had a boyfriend that had a parole officer. My poor mother.

6. KC (from KC and the Sunshine band) is my daddy's cousin. His real name is Harry Wayne Casey. We get Christmas cards from him. Too bad I was too young to really think he was cool. Do a little dance....

7. I never really played with barbies unless you count burning off their body parts by holding them against a running treadmill. (My brother figured that one out.) I did take care of my baby dolls though.

8. I have never ever smoked ever. The way my parents talked about it, I figured I'd die trying.

9. I went through a phase where all I listened to was rap "music". I decided I wanted to be a missionary to the ghetto's in New York. My mama made me buy all my rap cd's at Wal-mart because they were edited. My friends would be in the car with me and I would say the cd must have skipped, because I didn't want them to know the dirty word had just been bleeped out. Edited cd's were way uncool.

10. I love Braves baseball. Andruw Jones was my favorite. Now he's gone. I could understand an entire baseball game before I could write my full name.



I'd like to hear from:

Patrick, Katie White, Camille S.

13 comments:

Chip B said...

Parole officer. I don't know whether to laugh or weep for the future (Leah). I hope she's pierced all that she's going to pierce. And I can see your mom steering you to the big WM for "clean" rap.

vbihbad
Very big insects hate bad a** dungbeetles.

(Note: I edited the language, not Blogger.)

AtlantaMama said...

WOW!! I'm learning a lot about your past. My rap phase was DC TALK. The middle school phase is just an odd time and we all make poor decisions. And yes you really could eat Mex food every meal or at least once a day!!!!

LOVE your random facts.

Patrick Cantrell said...

I should write a list of all the things I've done that people don't know... it might be shocking. I am glad you don't listen rap music anymore. I wonder what type of things Caroline will go through... hummmm.

ManUtd17 said...

I've seen KC and the Sunshine Band at Chastain ... twice. Back-to-back summers. Firm outings to Chastain with our summer interns. The first time was an interesting novelty. The second time was 90 minutes of deja vu because the set (and wardrobe) was exactly the same as the previous year.

Unknown said...

Hey Ruth Allen! I found you from the Winkles from the Bowlings blog! I'll have to pop in to learn more good stuff!

Kim said...

I guess you learned how to shake your booty at an early age!!
I love KC and the Sunshine Band!!!

Bekah said...

good, good work!!!

The Shepards said...

Ah, so I apparently influenced you more than I had thought. Sounds like you're better because of it:)

Word to your mother,
Vanilla Ice

p.s. Love the Barbie Doll burning. Love it.

Unknown said...

Hey it's Kaitlin and Caroline. Caroline's in town this weekend from Auburn and we've just bee hanging out. I ran into your mom a few weeks ago and told me about your blog and we've been reading it.We must say it's hilarious and very entertaining. Caroline is adorable and we would love to see her. We hope your doing well and I would love to see you since I moved home for good. e-mail me sometime and we can get together and do lunch.
kcf416@yahoo.com
-Kaitlin and Caroline

Laura Kirkland said...

Ruth Allen,
I have been reading your blog and you are hilarious.
You make me want to start blogging again. That is all I have to say.

Patrick Cantrell said...

new blog for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camilla said...

HAH!!!! Do any stand up? You should! For some reason though I don't think you need to learn rap music to be a missionary in NYC. Too funny!

Patrick Cantrell said...

Alright look... I am sure you are just waiting for the perfect story before you blog about, but I am really sick of sitting around, checking your blog every day, waiting for something new. Hows about you take care of that... eh?